Mission Statement & Criteria for Selection
The LibraryPress@UF engages in library publishing as a collaborative endeavor. The LibraryPress@UF publishes scholarly, educational, and creative works, with an emphasis on promoting public access to scholarship and ethical practices in scholarly publishing. As a joint imprint of the Libraries and University of Florida Press, the LibraryPress@UF complements the work of the UF Press to collectively contribute to the shared missions of the Libraries, Press, and UF.
The LibraryPress@UF partners with UF scholars and with external collaborators whose goals align with our expertise and mission on Open Access publications, including:
- Works based on the Libraries’ unique collections, with a focus on collections that promote inclusion and justice by highlighting overlooked or marginalized experiences and perspectives;
- Journals, providing editorial liaison expertise for policies, procedures, and promotion;
- Open Educational Resources, where the Libraries’ team supports creation, publishing, and discoverability of materials that encourage course affordability and inclusive pedagogy across formats.
The LibraryPress@UF publishing staff provide training and promote best practices in publishing.
Criteria for selection:
Each project is approached on its specific merits. Selection of these unique projects includes these considerations:
- Works that are based on or build the Libraries’ unique collections;
- Projects initiated or led by library personnel or UF affiliates or partner initiatives, such as the Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC);
- Prioritization on works that promote inclusion and justice by highlighting overlooked or marginalized experiences and perspectives;
- Feasibility: works that are supportable and maintainable through identified target technologies and publication types;
- Other criteria as applicable for the unique needs of each publication.